Banks, Thrifts and Insurance Companies
D&D’s practice advising banks and thrifts consists of representing all types of community banks, bank holding companies and thrift institutions. We also have experience in representing credit unions and in structuring and establishing captive insurance companies, both domestic and offshore.
Our representation and advice to depository institutions covers the following:
- Advising with respect to regulatory actions, including examination disputes and various regulatory agreement;
- Advising with respect to measures to comply with regulatory agreements, including capital restoration and strategic plans;
- Advising with respect to follow-on and rights offerings, private placements and similar capital raising transactions, whether or not mandated by the regulators;
- Mergers and acquisitions involving banks and thrifts, including dealing with the FDIC in connection with failed institutions;
- Application of statutory and regulatory rules governing acquisition of control in connection with proposed investments in depositary institutions;
- Formation of de novo state and national banks and federal thrifts where we represent the organizer group;
- Expansion by bank holding companies into activities ancillary to commercial banking, such as investment advisory services, insurance brokerage and mortgage originations;
- Purchases and sales of branches and loan portfolios; and
- Advising with respect to executive compensation;
- Internal controls and risk management;
We have represented depository institutions before the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision and various state banking departments.
View a full list of Recent Representative Transactions